The IT industry is an ever-evolving marketplace, and as changes come out every day, businesses must do their best to stay in touch with modern trends. Companies face some significant challenges. For instance, although they are integrating technological changes, their ICT framework is still dependent on legacy systems.
These systems are now failing to meet some demands. These are demands in flexibility, agility, and promptness required by the new world systems. These lacking factors have affected the effectiveness of the businesses. As a result, they cannot deliver to their customers, reducing companies’ revenue.
As application modernization, businesses can update old software and add more modern, customizable features. This can help to improve their clients’ product and service delivery. With application modernization, there are no noticeable down effects for customers.
What Is Application Modernization?
The term of updating a company’s legacy software to modern standards to meet and solve modern-day challenges of the business is called Application Modernization. It helps bring aging legacy software programs up to date. This happens without spending heavily on the upgrades.
It is no surprise that IT firms that still rely on legacy applications suffer huge dwindling revenue. This is due to incompatibility and expensive maintenance. Added to the increasing scarcity of legacy software engineers, such companies may find it hard to meet today’s IT challenges posed by their clients.
With the emerging technological solutions to the table, companies no longer need to spend much to deliver quality services to their clients.
After a survey conducted on top minds in the Internet Technology industry,
- About 80% of IT leaders believe that legacy systems will deter a company’s short-term goals. They also believe it will negatively impact long-term plans.
- 65% agree that legacy systems cannot handle the current trend of modern IT infrastructure and frameworks.
- 90% of companies that still rely on legacy systems are limited in providing stellar services for their customers.
- 88% of such leaders of thought agree that only application modernization techniques can bridge the legacy systems. Also, it will help meet international standards.
Why Application Modernization is Important to a Company
Asides from the IT industry, companies in other markets, are now taking advantage of the vast possibilities of modernizing their ICT framework. Here’s why modernizing legacy applications and systems is essential:
- Reduction in hardware, staff, and software expenses, up to 74%.
- The decrease in maintenance costs for the application is over 40%.
- Improvement in application efficiency is estimated to be around 10% compared with the outdated legacy systems operation.
- Yearly savings on infrastructure alone could reach an outstanding 15-35%.
Benefits of using the Application Modernization
The benefits of using Application Modernization for your business cannot be emphasized enough. Businesses survive by providing quality services for their customers while still cutting costs and making huge profits.
Here are some reasons this technique will be of immense benefit to your organization.
IT and Employee Productivity Increases
As a result of modernizing legacy applications, your company’s productivity can be increased in multiple folds. Most organizations often overlook this factor, so they struggle with efficiency.
All the employees will see their efficiency at work increase. This is possible if they have access to technological ideas that help make their work more manageable and reduce the workload while still offering quality results.
With application modernization, employees can easily automate tasks. This can help take out repetitive actions. As such, they will be able to generate ideas for your company. This productivity increase will reflect in many areas of the firm. Areas of functionality improvement will reflect such a productivity increase.
Defects and Bugs are reduced
In this technological age, the risk of cybercrime hacking of private data increases. Most of the networks in which these attacks are carried out are on legacy applications. Bugs and other system defects compromise most security frameworks. This is common with outdated systems.
With application modernization updating, these common bugs are eliminated from your company’s network. Also, your network security gets beefed up. It’s a win-win situation for the company from any angle it is viewed from.
Increase Speed to Market
One particular benefit that allows companies to upgrade their legacy system is the increased rate of delivering products and services to clients.
Modernizing IT systems in an organization eliminates the unnecessary burden systems handle in delivering to the client. This is still connected to improving the efficiency of your staff. A company is only as good as the employees’ work rate and efficiency.
Increased Relevance in the Industry
Introducing Application Modernization for a company’s system layout. This will enable the company to take advantage of the various features. These are features that these digital technologies bring to the table. It helps the company stay current with trends in the market and build on a foundation for growth.
Methods to Infuse Application Modernization in a Company
Five core methods help modernize legacy applications for a more cost-effective business approach.
- Hosting: this method allows the company to lift an existing application or software from the current infrastructure to a higher and more powerful one. It does not involve redesigning.
- Platform: with this method, the company does not need to change the application. Instead, they can improve its functionalities. This happens by adding or making it more customizable to enhance work efficiency.
- Architecture: this method is complex and involves overhauling the system. It will also redesign the entire layout with modern digital solutions. Although it is expensive, the benefits are enormous.
- Building: this method is also complex and expensive. It involves rewriting the framework from the foundation. It is similar to the re-architect process.
- Replace: this method replaces the old application with a more modern system. It also employs updated functionalities and features.
Ensure that an Expert does your Application Modernization to ensure quality work
Experts must carry out the work of modernizing your applications to meet current standards. Such experts must have extensive knowledge of the field. Our team of seasoned engineers specializes in application modernization. They are available to help you redesign, replace, or upgrade your ICT network. The journey to increased service delivery can start today by scheduling an appointment with our team.